Pages

About Me

My photo
Denver, CO, United States
Adventurer, wanderer, explorer extraordinaire. I love travel, yoga, photography, and cooking. I often pretend like I'm crafty, have a black rescue cat. This is the chronicling of my life from recent college grad with a degree in my pocket (with honors, thank you very much) and no immediate job prospects on the horizon--That little tidbit could be due to the fact that my boyfriend and I recently decided one day over cereal, "Hey! You know what would be a good idea? How about we uproot our stable lives, quit our jobs and move to Denver?!" And so we did. Just like that. We left the comfort of our 1100sq ft home and all our friends, ceremoniously quit our jobs and hit the road. One U-Haul, two cars, and one storage unit later, here we are! Livin' the dream in a cousin's basement and trolling the interwebs for employment in search for a better life in the Mile High City--To present day where we are living the dream in West Wash Park and planning our wedding after 3 wonderful and eventful years, in the 303.

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Car Crashes and Traffic Jams

"For once I wanna be the car crash/not always just the traffic jam"
- Snowpatrol
   Today, I was in a car crash. No worries, I am alright and thankfully, my car is intact. If car crashes can be figurative as well as literal, I've been having a lot of emotional car wrecks lately as well. I'm not proud of it, but there it is. I've been so stressed out and disappointed with everything. Still no job and even less money...Where is my spirit of adventure? What's happened?

    Our friend Bob came into town yesterday and we gave him the good ole Denver show. We went to Sams no.3, which my bf claims has "the best green chile in Denver!" Their portions are also enormous. The  "Kitchen Sink" burrito is, literally, the size of a kitchen sink. We walked from there to Denver Beer Co. off Platte, which took about 20 minutes through the park and across the river. I tried their Rasberry Klosch, which was surprising and pretty good! Crisp, tart, fizzy and light. They get my vote for best downtown brewery, since they had a big pump station where you could get sunblock -it is patio season afterall- and the bartender was really knowledgable about everything and talked/joked with us while we drank. From there we went to Breckenridge, where I sampled their "mojito ale" which tasted like a skunky IPA more than anything else, and had no hint of mint. Then, we took the shuttle back to Rock Bottom who's mango mojitos never fail to disappoint.

   From there, we were off to Lakewood where we are house/cat sitting for some friends of ours. It's nice to be in a new part of town and explore what it has to offer. I am checking out a new yoga studio in this part of town tonight and will report back with a verdict. It's nice to have some kid-free space to ourselves and I'm trying to stay open to adventure and embrace the chaos. Looking on the bright side, my bug bites from Texas are fading and I'm allowing my mind to wander towards the delicious fantasy of planning a camping trip to Moab.

No comments:

Post a Comment