Pages

About Me

My photo
Denver, CO, United States
Adventurer, wanderer, explorer extraordinaire. I love travel, yoga, photography, and cooking. I often pretend like I'm crafty, have a black rescue cat. This is the chronicling of my life from recent college grad with a degree in my pocket (with honors, thank you very much) and no immediate job prospects on the horizon--That little tidbit could be due to the fact that my boyfriend and I recently decided one day over cereal, "Hey! You know what would be a good idea? How about we uproot our stable lives, quit our jobs and move to Denver?!" And so we did. Just like that. We left the comfort of our 1100sq ft home and all our friends, ceremoniously quit our jobs and hit the road. One U-Haul, two cars, and one storage unit later, here we are! Livin' the dream in a cousin's basement and trolling the interwebs for employment in search for a better life in the Mile High City--To present day where we are living the dream in West Wash Park and planning our wedding after 3 wonderful and eventful years, in the 303.

Monday, June 18, 2012

Museum Madness

Father's Day Edition...
We went to the Museum of Science and Nature  aka the Natural History Museum on Sunday for their free day. Bad idea as this was also father's day and the place was absolutely slammed! You couldn't walk 10 feet without hitting a stroller or stray child,  but, it was still  a good museum! 3 floors of solid exhibits, even if some of them weren't in working order. I am apparently clinically dead, as I didn't register on any of the Health/Body exhibit scanners. Good to know. Stealth Ninja level 10 achieved! While boyfriend thoroughly enjoyed all the gross googly bits, I quietly wandered off to look at the buffalo and try and keep my lunch down.

Afterwards, to atone for forcing the man friend to enjoy several hours of cultural enrichment, I brought him to the famous Biker Jim's Gourmet Dogs to enjoy a bacon dog with bacon on top. One thing I have learned since living in Denver is that food that is supposed to be cheap, is not. After a grand total of $12 we  parted ways with our hostess and I sat down to gawk at all the Ludo Le Fevre posters and Food Network accolades. I got the Cilantro Duck Dog wtih cream cheese and caramelized onions and a side of grilled cauliflower. It was sweeter than expected-the cream cheese a definite win. But overall, the duck wasn't as creamy as I had expected, and our chocolate milkshake was merely lukewarm. Man friend's fries were good though, and the cauliflower scored high.  Although the experience was a bit mared by the stress of having to parallell park between a Triumph and Minivan while being approached by 2 separate pan handlers at once.

Overall, I give Biker Jim's a 4 and the DMSN a 6 on the scale of suck to awesome.

Onward and forward to other Denver adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment