Pages

About Me

My photo
Denver, CO, United States
Adventurer, wanderer, explorer extraordinaire. I love travel, yoga, photography, and cooking. I often pretend like I'm crafty, have a black rescue cat. This is the chronicling of my life from recent college grad with a degree in my pocket (with honors, thank you very much) and no immediate job prospects on the horizon--That little tidbit could be due to the fact that my boyfriend and I recently decided one day over cereal, "Hey! You know what would be a good idea? How about we uproot our stable lives, quit our jobs and move to Denver?!" And so we did. Just like that. We left the comfort of our 1100sq ft home and all our friends, ceremoniously quit our jobs and hit the road. One U-Haul, two cars, and one storage unit later, here we are! Livin' the dream in a cousin's basement and trolling the interwebs for employment in search for a better life in the Mile High City--To present day where we are living the dream in West Wash Park and planning our wedding after 3 wonderful and eventful years, in the 303.

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Winter is coming...

Hi all!

Well, it's October 6th and day 2 of snow. I wasn't prepared for the sudden and rapid change from blissful 65 degree days and gradually changing leaves to 30 degrees and snowing.  I was just beginning to drag my long sleeves out of storage and now I suddenly have on the mattress warmer and the down comforter. While I'm not a cold weather fan by any means, I do kind of enjoy it. I love having an excuse to turn on the fireplace and it all feels so very...Colorado! :)

(To make me even more of a native hipster, I've begun working on my repurposed bike and bottle chandelier)

After a rough day on Thursday I went out with my new best local gal pal and we went to Stingers, a nice upscale diner sort of place that was packed to the gills. Both the food and the cocktails were quite good, and rather inexpensive all things considered. I had chicken in a parmesan sauce with a large amount of leeks, which was closer in actuality to a leek salad, and a coffee infused vodka martini which tasted like heaven.

We then moseyed downtown to Appaloosa Grill which has live music every night and a late night happy hour menu of epic proportions. The band wasn't all that great, but we had fun, chatted with the guys, and they even dedicated a song to us! We continued our potato binge, honoring my people's national vegetable in true style, and split an order of the truffle fries. They were so garlicky we could barely finish them. Still, it was one of the best nights I've had in a long time. There's nothing an open mind, a strong drink, and a good friend can't fix!



No comments:

Post a Comment