Pages

About Me

My photo
Denver, CO, United States
Adventurer, wanderer, explorer extraordinaire. I love travel, yoga, photography, and cooking. I often pretend like I'm crafty, have a black rescue cat. This is the chronicling of my life from recent college grad with a degree in my pocket (with honors, thank you very much) and no immediate job prospects on the horizon--That little tidbit could be due to the fact that my boyfriend and I recently decided one day over cereal, "Hey! You know what would be a good idea? How about we uproot our stable lives, quit our jobs and move to Denver?!" And so we did. Just like that. We left the comfort of our 1100sq ft home and all our friends, ceremoniously quit our jobs and hit the road. One U-Haul, two cars, and one storage unit later, here we are! Livin' the dream in a cousin's basement and trolling the interwebs for employment in search for a better life in the Mile High City--To present day where we are living the dream in West Wash Park and planning our wedding after 3 wonderful and eventful years, in the 303.

Saturday, January 19, 2013

The fabulous B in Apt E

Hello everybody!

Sorry for such a long hiatus. I think we have finally gotten settled in our new abode! Although, my list of  stuff I want for the apartment still continues to grow rather than shrink. Everyone, buy me kitchen items from now on. Forever.  (Did I mention the oven sets off the smoke alarm every time we use it?) And art. Come decorate my house with fabulous art!

The boy is loving his new job, though it provides it's own set of new challenges and opportunities. I'm now only working one job instead of two, which makes life easier, though during the transition it's been stressful. Loosing one source of income before it's entirely replaced by another. And as a happy New Year gift, all my insurance rates went up. Whoo!

How was your New Years? Your Holiday?

This was the second Christmas in a row that the boy and I weren't together --very sad panda. I went home to be with my family and he had to stay here and work at the new job. It was really good to be "home" though. To be with family who I hadn't seen in a while and who I missed. It was a really low key Christmas, we didn't do much except eat and see Life of Pi. It was odd, it almost didn't feel like Christmas. It just kind of felt like this big day that happened. I guess because we weren't together for the lead up, like we usually are. There wasn't any family tree decorating or cookie baking. But, we were so fortunate, and had a wonderful time thanks to my brother who did a fantastic job hosting everything this year and we got to see all of our favorite holiday movies. Most important we were together and were all healthy and safe. That's more than can be said for many other families around the world.

Our New Year's was equally as low key, and I'm quite alright with that. New Year's has often been my least favorite holiday due to it's association with drunken idiots. This year, I put my party dress on and we went to the bar where my Denver bff used to work, which turned out to be a sports bar, so I had to plead with the bartender to put on Dick Clark ( It's not NYE without it!--and I refuse to recognize that it's now the Ryan Seacrest show) which they did, at about 5 minutes until midnight. LOL. While I was the only one who really dressed up, we still had a good time. We drank champagne, counted down, and I had the love of my life to kiss at midnight.

So that's it, those were the holidays in a nutshell. And, all that amongst getting settled into our new place. Life has been pretty quiet since then--happily so.

I'll continued to keep you posted on our adventures should we have any. Right now, it's just trying to keep our heads above water after the move. Things are slowly falling into place and coming together. And I'm learning lots of lessons about faith, patience, and compromise.

xoxo




No comments:

Post a Comment